Ring and Read
Kirklees Libraries are beginning our phased recovery of physical services as coronavirus lockdown restrictions are lifted across the country.
The first stage of this is our “ring and read” offer.
Contact us on 01484 414868 to book your slot. Phone lines will be open from Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm. Staff will ask you about your reading preferences and arrange a slot for you to collect them from one of the libraries below:
- Chestnut Centre
- Denby Dale
- Greenwood Centre
- Rawthorpe Dalton
Once you have arranged your appointment, staff at your chosen branch will carefully select up to 6 books for you to take home. Appointments are at 10 minute intervals. There will be no access to our buildings, a member of staff will leave your books in a designated area outside at your appointment time to collect.
Appointments must be made a minimum of 48 hours in advance.
Ring and Read - FAQs
What if I need to cancel my appointment?
Please ring 01484 414868 to cancel and re-book
What if I am late for my appointment?
Appointments are 10 minutes apart, if you are late you may need to make another appointment. Appointments are being given to ensure social distancing is being adhered to. Uncollected books will be returned to our shelves.
What if I turn up early for my appointment?
Please do not congregate around a library. Please maintain the 2 metre social distancing guidance and wait for your allocated time.
What if I would like to collect books for more than 1 person?
We are allowing one booking per appointment, but this person may collect books for up to 2 other family members, friends or neighbours. Please make sure you have the library card number for each person.
What if I don’t like the books that have been selected or already read them?
We will check your library account to make sure that we aren’t providing you with books you have already borrowed from Kirklees Libraries. Please understand that we are using limited stock and will do our upmost to provide you with a selection of suitable books.
What if I want to give you back the books you have chosen and I am not happy?
If you choose not to take home the books we have selected please return these to the green bin provided and contact us on 01484 414868 to make a further appointment.
If you have any other questions, please get in touch on 01484 414868.
Return your borrowed items
Please place books in the green waste bins marked with Kirklees Libraries stickers. Please remove books from bags and do not place anything in these bins apart from books. Do not remove any items from the bin.
Updated locations for return of borrowed items as at 3rd August:
- Almondbury – Monday 1pm to 3pm & Thursday at 2pm – 5pm
- Batley – Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 12:30pm – 3:30pm
- Chestnut Centre – Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm
- Cleckheaton – Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 12:30pm – 3:30pm
- Denby Dale – Tuesday 10am – 1pm and Friday 1pm – 4pm
- Dewsbury – Monday, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday 10am – 3pm
- Golcar – Tuesday and Thursday 10am – 2pm
- Holmfirth – Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday 10am – 1pm
- Honley – Tuesday and Friday 1pm – 4pm
- Huddersfield – Monday to Friday 10am – 1pm
- Lindley – Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 10am – 12pm
- Mirfield – Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday 12:30pm – 3:30pm
- Rawthorpe Dalton – Monday 3pm – 5pm and Tuesday and Friday 12noon to 1:30pm
- Slaithwaite – Monday 10am – 12pm, Tuesday 1pm – 3pm and Thursday 3pm-5pm
If you have any questions, get in touch on 01484 414868